Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Life without writing the blog ....

I must admit that life without feeling the urge and the need to write the blog is not as liberating as I thought. I grew lazy and tired after my last bit in the blog about my thesis because I am actually, and still, writing my thesis. I am not living in limbo. And I am not living my life without writing. I am just living a life writing exclusively on my thesis as I will need to hand in my draft very soon. I am frantically typing and reading every day. And keeping my fingers crossed for being able to finish before the deadline so that I won't need to pay the full fee, i.e. 12000 pounds. Instead, I could pay the continuation status fee, which is around 700 something pounds. So, my life now in Scotland, which is where I am living but not where I am studying, includes writing and reading and writing and of course hanging out with my families. Nothing exciting really.
I pick up the pen (well,... not in the literal sense as I am just hitting the keyboard of my computer...) and resume writing the blog mainly because my boyfriend teased me about linking my blog to my university website and the last bit was so obsolete that it was written eight months ago. I just thought: if any of my students read my blog. That may think I am a looney or a weirdo which I am neither of that, so I might as well write a bit about how I feel without writing the blog and trust me, my student, if any of you reads my blog, at least you know the outline of this. OK! Here it goes, at least for the coming few weeks, I will focus on talking about some of the extraordinary discovery about my stay in Scotland, which is totally novel to me. And then how the Chinese community works and how I adjust my anti-social sentiment to the kind-hearted, helpful and lovely group of people here. How bad is the British economy here that people have to be really aware. How I am planning for the conference next year which hopefully could be a wonderful holiday with my boyfriend.
I guess now I can leave my heart at rest and get back into bed.
See you

No comments: